€302,250 funding for Clare Marine Infrastructure
As Green Party Ireland spokesperson for Rural Development I am delighted that Clare County Council has received funding approved for the following marine infrastructure projects. Our coastline is an integral and important part of our county that contributes to the economic, health and social wellbeing of our communities and this investment by government is very welcome.
- €55,882 for a Crane at Liscannor Pier
- €55,505 for safety improvement works at Labasheeda Cappagh Quay,
- €52,845 for repairs and replacement of mooring rings & bollards at pier,
- €51,850 for extension of the pontoon at Doonmore pier,
- €36,550 for repair to pier and slipway at Knock pier,
- €28,369 for visitor mooring buoys and a navigation buoy for the Shannon Estuary,
- €21,250 for upgrade works on pier and road to slipway at Kiladysart pier.
Total value of the projects is €355,588 with €302,250 State funding under the Brexit Adjustment Local Authority Marine Infrastructure Scheme 2022-2023.