Town and Village Renewal Scheme – deadline 22nd June
Clare County Council is advertising for Expressions of Interest for the 2022 Town and Village Renewal Scheme. The Town and Village Renewal Scheme is an initiative under the Government’s Action Plan for Rural Development ‘Realising our Rural Potential’.
Deadline for receipt of Expressions of Interest is 4:00 p.m. Wednesday 22nd June 2022
The priorities of the 2022 Town and Village Renewal Scheme are:
- Projects that bring vacant and derelict buildings and sites back into use as multi-purpose spaces. e.g. Tourism, Cultural or Community Hubs
- Projects that bring vacant properties in town centres back into use as Remote Working Hubs. This also includes funding for the repurposing of existing community or publicly owned buildings in town or village centres to facilitate remote working.
- Projects to support the upgrade and enhancement of shop-fronts and street facades in towns and villages.
- Projects to develop parks, green spaces and recreational amenities in town centres to make them vibrant hubs for community enjoyment, and to increase footfall for local businesses.
- Marketing campaigns targeted at attracting remote workers and mobile talent to their county/region; and promotion of specific town/villages to attract new customers and/or business investment.
- Projects that support and enhance the night-time economy in line with emerging recommendations from the Night-Time Economy Taskforce.
- Regeneration projects that support active and vibrant town and village centres; these projects should be identified in town and village masterplans (or similar) developed in collaboration with the local community, businesses and the other relevant stakeholders in the town or village.
For more information and to access the Expression of Interest Form – https://www.clarecoco.ie/services/community/grants/townandvillagerenewal/